Sony STR-VX1L

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,iv got oldie reciever and thought about bringing back to life.I v'e got stuck at the problem,cant think out what it could,im not good at solving schematics,so maybe any1 else got idea what it could be.

The main problem i get is that from all channel i get cut outs,dispersion or dont even know what to call it,its impossible to listen to that,music only works on very low volume.

Currently tried,4 pairs of different wires and different speakers.Got it opened and checked if there are no burnt places.So far nothing got usefull.

Thx for any helpful info :)

Hello,iv got oldie reciever and thought about bringing back to life.I v'e got stuck at the problem,cant think out what it could,im not good at solving schematics,so maybe any1 else got idea what it could be.

The main problem i get is that from all channel i get cut outs,dispersion or dont even know what to call it,its impossible to listen to that,music only works on very low volume.

Currently tried,4 pairs of different wires and different speakers.Got it opened and checked if there are no burnt places.So far nothing got usefull.

Thx for any helpful info :)

Is this normal that the case has voltage? im using screwdriver with lamp (dont know how you call it)

Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
If the product has a two core mains lead then yes, it can be normal to see a neon screwdriver light when you touch the case. It doesn't mean there is a fault or a dangerous shock hazard.

It may also be illuminating from a similar condition caused by another component (CD player, tuner etc) that you have connected to the receiver.

This needs to be in solid state forum... I'll move it.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.