How to improve the distortion of this amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The usual marketing jumbo-mumbo, but it's actually not that hard doing -100 db THD without global feedback, as long as you keep everything in class A.... Which a 100W amp doing just 1W will do.... Could be much more interesting seeing what happens as power goes up....

then it's just total rubbish. Specifying a 100W amp at low power running in class A is totally deceiving. You have to get it out of class A and see how THD looks like.

It is so hard to get class A power. the heatsink in the picture cannot be more than 60W, it'll be lucky to get 10W of class A with the chassis/heatsink size.

Last edited:
Hi All,

Here is a description of the other discontinued product, showing a simplified schematic of the output stage. Definitely clever topology.
However, with regards to specs - everything is not that easy. They never specify the measurement conditions. At high swing ... I would expect some surprises.
It would be interesting to get one in the lab and see the real performance ;)

Cheers,
Valery

What? :)
Giving an idea of what acss actually looks like.

Ah! I see what you mean :D Sorry :p

C-500

This is only the OPS part each with complementary 3EF ( not exactly diamond). This is what I am doing with my design. But I don't do differential driving to the speaker. Is there advantage of differential driving other than you get more power with lower rail voltages?

I have to spend some time reading your website, you have a lot of interesting things there about the zero distortion audio.

This is only the OPS part each with complementary 3EF ( not exactly diamond). This is what I am doing with my design. But I don't do differential driving to the speaker. Is there advantage of differential driving other than you get more power with lower rail voltages?

I have to spend some time reading your website, you have a lot of interesting things there about the zero distortion audio.

Well, it's still a CCS-ed diamond with 3 pairs of output devices, connected to it.
Does not require any bias spreader - input pair, coupled with the main heatsink, provides the thermal feedback. Although you're right - that's only the OPS.

Web site - sure, let me know if you will have questions ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.