SONY STR-DA5200ES

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.

I just can't seem to get my rear speakers on this amp high at all. They sound very low all the time even when I have turned up the gain.

I have made sure nothing is shorting them, no wores touching bad areas, also used the rears on a different amp for the main channel and they work just fine.

Only thing the amp does, is when I do the auto calibration it states the front right is not connected (when it is) and it then plays the test tones through the surround "sides" not surround backs even though they are attached to the rear speakers (surround) to the rear back channel connectors.

I had one of these amps before, a 2400ES and it had a loud rear channel stage, how it is at the moment sounds so low.

I am using a XBOX 360 via HDMI out to the amp, then HDMI from the amp to my TV. All the settings on the XBOX are set to 5.1 also.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.