Repair or replacement Technics SU-V8

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have to first own up that I have no electronic or DIY abilities in this area. I confess that I joined to ask for help and advice.
To explain I have a Technics SU-V8 which has lost one channel and become noisy on moving the knobs. I have an old fashioned set of equipment joined to it including a Technics turntable, CD player and cassette player , a tuner died some years ago. While very old they all were top range of Technics range in their day and still work well.
I googled for possibilities of repairing the amp or replacing it, and your forum turned up with some hits including people with the same amplifier close to where I live in Brisbane, Australia.
I would much appreciate advice if there is shop known to carry out repairs and if anyone has any experience whether it is practicable or likely to be prohibitively expensive. I see that Kogan is offering a Pioneer PIO-A10 for only $300 freight free at the moment – I doubt it will be the quality of my old amp but seems to have the same connections and probably would do.
Any comments and advice will be gratefully received.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.