NEW to forum and audio. using OEM parts for new amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, all. new here.

My electronics background is pretty spotty. Please go easy. I'm pretty good with robotics, though. :D

I just recently gutted some not-so-old-but-totally-fried Sony and Kenwood amps. The power stages and related circuits are good, the controls and preamp (on one) are fried.

I want to try my hand at building a stereo power amp, preferably a class AB or A.

I have a choice of either these MN2488 and MP1620 Darlington pairs from the Sony or these 2SC2921 from the Kenwood. Which would be better? Also, how would I measure the transformers (LOTS of secondary leads) to find out which voltage is where? I plan to use the original caps, etc. all on a new PCB, of course.

Any suggestions for a beginner prject, or is all of this "recycling" not such a good idea. Aslo, I'm poor and doing this on the cheap.

Thanks in advance....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.