Sansui AU-6600 Bias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
you may kiss the amplifier BB .... It will eventually produce some sound but this will have nothing to do with how the amplifier worked in the original condition ....

Regards
Sakis

The amp I restored prior to this one was a AU-717 and I must say it sounded beautiful to my ears. Of course on it I followed someone's (leestereo) thread...

The receiver I did prior to that was a G-7000 and it ended up really really nice too! It belonged to a friend of mine and he had had it serviced at a shop here in '98 (no longer in business) for a blown channel. They had replaced drivers and outputs on the channel using NTE devices..... OMG, and the soldering job was horrid!

I'm not understanding why you say I can kiss the amp goodbye..

Look at the specs of transistors original and ON semi then you will realize that the ON semi is much slower especially drivers plus that it cannot be driven the same way exactly . They are not "drop in replacements " hardly ever i 'd say ...

Sounded good ??? that is very good to know next time one needs to design an amplifier or repair one will take this in mind to go ahead ( you can't be serious about this )

And finally YES not all transistor can be driven the same way and general behavior of a specific transistor next to another in terms of Ft hfe and cob can very easily drive the previous stage in oscillation or inability to drive properly .

Sakis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.