Accuphase E-204 amplifier - restoration help needed!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Good day guys! Its been a while since I have posted here.

Very recently I acquired an Accuphase E-204 Integrated Amplifier. Cosmetically its in a very good shape but electronically its a bit of a mess.

The unit switches on and plays audio but with certain conditions. Only when the TONE control function is engaged will the unit switch on normally. The reason for this is that I found that there is severe DC offset on the pre-amp output (11vdc reading). This makes the power amplifier section trip.

My question here is - where do I start looking for the issue?

Also - does anyone have a photo of the pre-amplifier section power regulator PCB that sits vertical in front of the transformer? In my unit it has been replaced by a shoddy veroboard unit. My plan is to make a replica PCB of the original if I can only see a photo. I have the schematic.

And finally - the power amplifier has a mixed assortment of output devices, yet miraculously it functions! Probably not to spec but ...

My plan is to restore this beaut and keep it in my vintage stack.

Thank you in advance!

20160428_174555_zpskhscnbqs.jpg

20160428_174604_zpspzfeskvn.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.