Protection circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am building one discreet 100w home subwoofer. Audio activated on & off ( after the audio signal missing for 15 minutes) plus dc offset protection circuit is required. I have seen one circuit with single relay in one subwoofer circuit. I will like to see if our diy friends have built the similar circuit. otherwise suggestions in the matter will be appreciated.
Mahendra Palesha

Well, for starters i used one circuit for each channel instead of a single one driving the two relays at once. On the ac detector i used two 22uF polarized electros back-to-back in series, bypassed with 1uF multylayer instead of the 10uf NP; used a 12v zenner instead of the 24v ones for the back-emf protection; added two yellow leds to indicate when the channels are muted and the ability to mute the amp with a switch.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.