a question of ground

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Well,I do not see the attachment show up.I'll try again.

Attachments

• ground2.png
    ground2.png
    13 KB · Views: 108
Ok,so the first post was erased.I'll do it again.

I try to build a dual mono block locating the two transfirmers in one chasis and the main boards and capacitors on the other.
The speaker outputs are star grounded to the same chasis where the main boards are located.It seems to me a ground loop may occur but I do not not know what better arrangement may be. Any opinions?

Peter

Looks ok to me except that your smoothing caps aren't connected to the star point. Each 0V end of each cap should go via it's own wire to the star point.
You should physically locate the star point so as to minimize the length of high current wires and you should ensure the spacing is minimized between wires which form a current loop.
You should also consider the 0V connections that may exist on the amp boards themselves and consider, case by case, whether separate wires are required to the star point.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.