HE DIY bass amp for bi-amp with tube amp with NS-1000m speakers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Greetings.

I have built 3W Class A / 15 W Class B amp for my Yamaha NS-1000m speakers. It is valve amp with NOS MULLARD EL38 tubes. It is modified Williamson (Pentode @ triode) PP design with no negative feedback whatsoever. I made this amp because it has the best sound I've ever listened from amplifier (with NS-1000m spkeakers). Mids and Highs are unbelievably transparent and beautiful.

Of course, because it has no any NFB it is not ideal for bass management. So this is the idea: Use this amp for beryllium mid/high elements and use separate amp with good bass management for driving woofer of NS-1000m

500 Hz Crossover will be active (2 x DSPeaker Antimode 2.0, 2nd order filters). So basically I need to construct an amp for 20-500 Hz, with damping factor of >100.

Can you give me pointers which amp to build? I need only good 20-50 watts and I don't think Class A is necessary at all. Class D?

I'm ready to pay for quality parts, no need for el cheapo amp.

Thanks in advance! :cool:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.