What does it mean by "leaky"?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Can you give a more clear example of what you're asking?

The closest thing I can get to your question is gate leakage on a MOSFET.

Thank you for your quick reply.

My marantz receiver 2235b works, but only for 20mins from cold start, it is overheated on the heatsink. If I don't close the cover, seems working with no issue.

Found that one of output transistors is very hot. now I am buying new transistors, not received.

Actually I measured all transistors, should be good according to the testing method.

Checked online, somebody says the transistor is "leaky", don't undersand this word at all.

The problem is that the bias cant be adjusted much, very high voltage, forget it. No way to adjust correctly.

There's got to be some way that the bias is set, even if it's not readily adjustable - do you have a schematic you could post?.

However, from your list of problems it looks pretty obvious that there's a fault in the amplifier - which in a DC coupled amp could be pretty well anywhere.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.