Type of 12V trigger on Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone, it's great to find a forum like this. I have searched for an answer to this one but can't find it. Still, I think it's a prety easy one for most of you guys!

I have a Chiro Kinergetics C-500 5 channel amp with a 12V trigger. I also have a H/K Signature 2.0 Preamp/Processor with a 12V trigger out. The problem is that I cannot turn the C-500 on with my H/K. From the little bit I can gleam from the net (Kinergetic is out of business so finding specs are almost impossible) the Kinergetics amps and preamps used a different 12V trigger scheme than most typical home theater equipment. I have seen some old forum posts mentioning that people were able to rig up some kind of trigger circuit so they can work with their pre/pros but no details.

Does anyone know what could be different about this amp's 12V triggering? Any ideas how to get it to work with my preamp or rig up a trigger of my own?

Thanks in advance.

I did not. I would say do not depend on using this amp with the trigger out of your pro period.

Also, I am sorry to say I wouldn't recommend buying a Chiro. The total lack of any information on them makes them risky to maintain. I personally have a transformer hum problem with mine. I have tried a number of things, power conditioner, AH! offset killer and only finally getting an isolation transformer finally brought it to tolerable levels. I do have some power issues as other amps have done this in my system as well but I have to conclude the Chiro is VERY sensitive to power line problems. Other amps have these problems, and most amps last for years but having warranty is nice after my trouble IMHO.

The Chiro sounds beautiful however, and if you aren't worried about the above, you should not be dissappointed with the sound.

Texaspledge,

Thanks for the reply. I also cannot find anything on the web about the trigger protocol after searching endlessly. I really do want to get this amp though. Maybe I should bite the bullet and take your advice.

What I'm trying to do is get a good 2-channel amp to power my front main speakers (Vandersteen Model 2 with 2W stereo subs) and then get a decent 5-channel amp for surround (I am planning on a 7-channel system). I wanted the Chiro for my 2-channel power.

Do you have any amp suggestions? If I gonna spend $$$, I would want to put into the 2-channel amp.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.