musical fidelity transistors....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All , new to the forums, but am very impressed with what I've seen so far. Had no idea there were so many audio nuts out there!
Anyway, maybe someone can help me...
I have two Musical Fidelity MA65 power amps, which someone gave me after he fried them. All that is faulty is the output transistors, which simply gone s/c . Now these devices are labelled A1000N & A1000P respectively. Now I got a set of replacements from MF cos these numbers just dont exist , very expensive they were too,£21 & vat & carriage for a set of 2!
Does anybody know what they really are (2N3055/2955?!), cos I need another 4 and dont want to pay MF's crazy prices. I have an MF E300 myself which uses transistors labelled F15N, F15P.
Guess what, when the first set of replacements arrived they were labelled the same.
So its clear MF use these trannys in lots of their designs, but change the labelling to stop people like me buying cheap replacements!
Any help greatly appreciated, thnx folks.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
raymondo said:
Hi All , new to the forums, but am very impressed with what I've seen so far. Had no idea there were so many audio nuts out there!
Anyway, maybe someone can help me...
I have two Musical Fidelity MA65 power amps, which someone gave me after he fried them. All that is faulty is the output transistors, which simply gone s/c . Now these devices are labelled A1000N & A1000P respectively. Now I got a set of replacements from MF cos these numbers just dont exist , very expensive they were too,£21 & vat & carriage for a set of 2!
Does anybody know what they really are (2N3055/2955?!), cos I need another 4 and dont want to pay MF's crazy prices. I have an MF E300 myself which uses transistors labelled F15N, F15P.
Guess what, when the first set of replacements arrived they were labelled the same.
So its clear MF use these trannys in lots of their designs, but change the labelling to stop people like me buying cheap replacements!
Any help greatly appreciated, thnx folks.

do you have schmtc for that amp?
(just because I'm not familiar with this model).
if conditions are simillar to A1 and A100,you can use 2n3055 and BDX18 (or 2955).
mebbe even MJ15003 and his brother ;)

raymondo said:

If your's amps voltage rail are +-35 volts or less , you can use the "good old" 2N3055/2955 ...if the voltage is higher, then the MJ 15003/4 will do the job!

Regards

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.