Burmeister 933 MK2 clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi i am working on Burmeister 933 MK2 clone,

There is a 500 ohm TRIMMER on each channel and i do not know what are they used for? Can anyone have an idea and correct position of trimmer?

Attachments

• DSCN2569.jpg
    DSCN2569.jpg
    425.6 KB · Views: 708
  • 933 MK2 AMPLIFIER Layout.pdf
    47.5 KB · Views: 445
Hi i am working on Burmeister 933 MK2 clone,

There is a 500 ohm TRIMMER on each channel and i do not know what are they used for? Can anyone have an idea and correct position of trimmer?

It's R17 on the schematic, used for bias setting.
The procedure is the following:
1) Before the first power on - set R17 to zero (shorted) position.
2) Connect the voltmeter (some 200mV scale) - one lead to the top of R37, the other lead to the bottom of R38.
3) Power on. You should see something from zero to few mV. If you see more than 200mV - better power off, something is wrong.
4) Turn R17 carefully, until you set 65mV there - this will give you around 70mA of quiescent current through the output pair.
5) As soon as the output pair on a heatsink will warm-up, the voltage you see will slip away slowly - just correct it back to 65mV - carefully, no fast moves. It will settle completely in 20-30 minutes. Then you're done.

Cheers,
Valery

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.