Parasound JC-1 Help Please — did I reverse two connectors?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just replaced the NTC thermistor on the "AC input & protection circuit" board. I thought I photographed all the cables before removing the board, but I discovered I failed to photograph the cables on the edge of the board facing the front panel.

The lowermost two 2-pin connectors on the front edge are labeled, starting at the bottom, "TMP LED" and "TMP SW".

There are two cables that fit these connectors, and I hope someone can help me avoid swapping them. One cable has two blue wires and passes through a hole in the metal bottom plate close to the connector. The other cable has one red and one white wire and extends to a hole at the right end of the front panel.

I've attached a photo of what I guess is the correct arrangement: the blue/blue cable is connected to the lowermost connector TMP LED. Is this correct, or do I have the two cables reversed?

Thanks for your help!

Attachments

• 2-pin connectors at front edge - AC In & Protect (1 p).jpg
    2-pin connectors at front edge - AC In & Protect (1 p).jpg
    389.2 KB · Views: 102
Use your DVM on diode check to find out which one has the switch and which one has the LED.

Thanks, Jon — that resolved it!

You can tell how rusty I am that I didn't think of that. I haven't done hardly any tinkering since the 1960's when I used to build ham radio gear. No diode check function on the VTVM's back then! :)

Thanks again for your patience with a reborn neophyte.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.