Parasound JC-1 Help Please did I reverse two connectors? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Gallery Wiki Blogs Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th October 2015, 12:09 PM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Parasound JC-1 Help Please did I reverse two connectors?

I just replaced the NTC thermistor on the "AC input & protection circuit" board. I thought I photographed all the cables before removing the board, but I discovered I failed to photograph the cables on the edge of the board facing the front panel.

The lowermost two 2-pin connectors on the front edge are labeled, starting at the bottom, "TMP LED" and "TMP SW".

There are two cables that fit these connectors, and I hope someone can help me avoid swapping them. One cable has two blue wires and passes through a hole in the metal bottom plate close to the connector. The other cable has one red and one white wire and extends to a hole at the right end of the front panel.

I've attached a photo of what I guess is the correct arrangement: the blue/blue cable is connected to the lowermost connector TMP LED. Is this correct, or do I have the two cables reversed?

Thanks for your help!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2-pin connectors at front edge - AC In & Protect (1 p).jpg (389.2 KB, 70 views)
Old 11th October 2015, 02:08 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
Use your DVM on diode check to find out which one has the switch and which one has the LED.
Old 11th October 2015, 06:49 PM   #3
tomchr is offline tomchr  Canada
diyAudio Member

Last I worked on a Parasound amp (an A23), I emailed Parasound and had a schematic within hours.

You should be able to trace the wires and figure which goes where.

Tom

Last edited by tomchr; 11th October 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old 12th October 2015, 08:11 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnell Electronic View Post
Use your DVM on diode check to find out which one has the switch and which one has the LED.
Thanks, Jon that resolved it!

You can tell how rusty I am that I didn't think of that. I haven't done hardly any tinkering since the 1960's when I used to build ham radio gear. No diode check function on the VTVM's back then!

Thanks again for your patience with a reborn neophyte.

Hide this!Advertise here!