Alesis RA-100 Oops - Need Help Please - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Old 2nd October 2015, 03:15 PM   #1
diyAudio Member
Default Alesis RA-100 Oops - Need Help Please

I have an Alesis RA-100 that has developed an audible hum while just sitting. It has been well cared for and never abused. After reading some of these threads I decided to take the cover off and inspect the inside to see if there was any outward indication of the source of the problem.

In doing so, I decided to replace the big capacitors in the power circuit. This because everything else looked to be secure, the transformer was solidly attached etc. Before I took out the power PCB I took a photo with my phone and took it out. I got sidelined by a few things and in the meantime my phone died a horrible death. So, I no longer have access to the photo.

I am left with a black wire coming from E41 on the PCB that is unattached and I cannot remember where its ring was attached. The wire is short so I do not think it can go very far. I have downloaded the schematic I found on the web and it does not (as far as I can tell) designate a connection for E41. I am not very good at schematics though.

Can anyone tell me where it goes?

Old 6th October 2015, 02:19 AM   #2
diyAudio Member
maybe you can post the schematic here.. also the black wire your talking about..

Old 6th October 2015, 10:45 AM   #3
diyAudio Member
Send a message via Skype™ to vzaichenko
Attached Images
File Type: jpg alesis_ra100.JPG (220.0 KB, 22 views)
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough (c) Albert Einstein
Old 6th October 2015, 11:02 AM   #4
diyAudio Member
e41 is most likely a silkscreen (component side) board designation,the schematic won't show that. so tracing back from the wire can you find the nearest components on the trace it's attached to? most likely the "external gnd" which should go to a terminal on the case maybe?

Hide this!Advertise here!