LJM MX50-SE - Build Log Gallery & My Build Progress

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi All,
Decided to start a thread documenting my build progress, mostly for my own future reference.

Seeing as most of you are already skilled builders and have some fantastic builds under your belt, your feedback, comments, tips and criticism is greatly welcomed and valued..

So here it goes..

I am still awaiting a few more parts to arrive, so decided to work on the amp boards and chassis.

Drilling the Chassis:
This was some of the most laborious task. hand drilled 2.5mm holes first and then widened them to 3mm using HSS drill bits.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Tapping Holes:
I didnt have a 3mm hole thread tap, so it was kinda painful.. And obviously didnt go quite to plan.. One if the risers broke in the hole when I was trying to screw it in. Had to drill this broken one out and re-tap the hole..

Attaching Boards:
Finally, the holes are drilled, tapped and risers screwed in. Finally I can attach the boards to mark out the holes for the transistors..

Testing the Final assembly

I dont have the appropriate screws for attaching the transistors yet, will wait to source some and then attach the electrical insulators..

More to come.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.