Panasonic receiver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I've been given a Panasonic SA-HE70 receiver to fix for a friend. It was housed in an enclosure that allowed no airflow, it was never turned off. Now when you turn it on, after a minute or two, a message comes up and says "OVERLOAD", this is with nothing connected. When speakers are connected, sound will come on for a split second, and then go into overload. I know it may not be worth fixing, but i just want to see if I can fix it. It seems as though, when you look it up, there are many offerings, but a lot of them are factory refurbished. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
JH

MEGA-amp said:
I've been given a Panasonic SA-HE70 receiver to fix for a friend. It was housed in an enclosure that allowed no airflow, it was never turned off. Now when you turn it on, after a minute or two, a message comes up and says "OVERLOAD", this is with nothing connected. When speakers are connected, sound will come on for a split second, and then go into overload. I know it may not be worth fixing, but i just want to see if I can fix it. It seems as though, when you look it up, there are many offerings, but a lot of them are factory refurbished. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
JH

The danger of letting the amps turned on all the times!!

The electrolitcs must be dry.

Inspect electrolitics!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.