Presentation + Class A amp with NEC 2SD555 / 2SB600

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

Before my questions, a brief presentation of myself.
I'm french so please forgive me for my bad english. I have the chance to work in the pro audio domain, developping digital audio toys.

I started last year to build my hifi system. The first step was the loudspeakers : TQWT baffle with high efficiency 16 ohms 35 years old supravox (97 dB/W) and Beyma tweeter (101dB/W ! ).
I would like to build now good amplifiers for biamplifing them.
I could have chosen to build a tube amp with a 300B like most people would do for such loudspeakers, but It's too expensive for me at that time. So my thinking is to build class A amps, like Hiraga "The monster 8W" or JLH 10W.
I've got some 2SD555 / 2SB600 and I think they could be perfect for this type of project.
Unfortunately I don't have sufficient informations about these transistors to be able to do some simulations and choices before beginning the tests.

Does someone have the datasheets of the NEC 2SD555/2SB600 ?

What do you think about my choice ?

Best regards

Thank you trigon,

I already found this japanese site. I have definitively difficulties with japanese and automatic translation systems.

However, his project seems very interesting but a little complicated for a first try at my opinion. By now I don't want to bother with a mix of FET and transistors.

A also contacted the author about the datasheets but no answers for months at that time :(

Have a nice day.

Thank you trigon,

I already found this japanese site. I have definitively difficulties with japanese and automatic translation systems.

However, his project seems very interesting but a little complicated for a first try at my opinion. By now I don't want to bother with a mix of FET and transistors.

A also contacted the author about the datasheets but no answers for months at that time :(

Have a nice day.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.