Issue with 3EF Diamond

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the oscillation is dependent on source impedance. Are you sure it will oscillate if you have a real frontend on it?

No, I am not sure. I just know if it is so sensitive, it's not stable. Right now, it is rock solid after I more the collectors of the pre-drivers to the rail voltage to eliminate the feedback path.

I was looking up Diamond. It seems like diamond include what I have with collector connect to the rail, not just the collector connecting to the emitter of the opposite driver transistors like What Cordell showed in the book. Diamond with collector to the rail is totally workable. The only advantage to the Cordell's diamond is you can use low voltage pre-drivers as the Vcb is less than 2V at all time. But there are plenty of good transistors that can take the whole voltage.

One note, the folded 3EF is rock solid regardless of what transistor I use as pre-drivers so far. It looks really good. I don't have a problem now, I just want to hear from people that had experience before.

Status
Not open for further replies.