Nad c 355 bee integrated amplifier light? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2015, 05:01 PM   #1
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Default Nad c 355 bee integrated amplifier light?

Hi, a NAD 355bee amplifier, the small blue led light for the tuner selection on the face plate was burnt out, but works good, other lights are good. Contacted the nad, they are really expensive.

Wondering if anybody will kindly provide the model of the led? I can't upload the whole service manual, please download from the following link and check out.

NAD C355BEE Manual - Stereo Integrated Amplifier - HiFi Engine

I read the service manual, should be somewhere, but didn't find out the model, maybe I am not familiar with the diagram.

Thank you very much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 05:14 PM   #2
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Upper midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuer View Post
Hi, a NAD 355bee amplifier, the small blue led light for the tuner selection on the face plate was burnt out
All it says is the diameter, so you should be able to order any 3mm dia. type.

(D71 ,D72, D73, D74, D76, D77, D708, D709, D716,D719) are all 33-50350-00 part number, and 3mm diameter GREEN LEDS



  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 05:46 PM   #3
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
All it says is the diameter, so you should be able to order any 3mm dia. type.

(D71 ,D72, D73, D74, D76, D77, D708, D709, D716,D719) are all 33-50350-00 part number, and 3mm diameter GREEN LEDS

Yeah, rayma, all the diameter is 3mm, no need to worry about other specs? It is said green leds, but the actual color is bule.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 06:22 PM   #4
rayma is offline rayma  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Upper midwest
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuer View Post
Yeah, rayma, all the diameter is 3mm, no need to worry about other specs? It is said green leds,
but the actual color is bule.
I'd try a standard LED of that size, most use around 10mA.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 06:31 PM   #5
Bill_P is offline Bill_P  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York, the vampire state
From service manual pages 18a and 18b there was a change to blue LEDs in later production. The parts list only shows the older green LEDs. Have you measured the voltage across the Tuner LED when that input is selected? If 3 volts or more is present then the LED is bad or has a bad solder joint. It looks like the LED normally runs on 7.5 mA forward current. You can measure the voltage across R727 to determine the current.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 06:44 PM   #6
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayma View Post
I'd try a standard LED of that size, most use around 10mA.
Ok, thanks.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 06:44 PM   #7
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
From service manual pages 18a and 18b there was a change to blue LEDs in later production. The parts list only shows the older green LEDs. Have you measured the voltage across the Tuner LED when that input is selected? If 3 volts or more is present then the LED is bad or has a bad solder joint. It looks like the LED normally runs on 7.5 mA forward current. You can measure the voltage across R727 to determine the current.
Not even opened. will measure later. Thank you.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 10:34 PM   #8
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
From service manual pages 18a and 18b there was a change to blue LEDs in later production. The parts list only shows the older green LEDs. Have you measured the voltage across the Tuner LED when that input is selected? If 3 volts or more is present then the LED is bad or has a bad solder joint. It looks like the LED normally runs on 7.5 mA forward current. You can measure the voltage across R727 to determine the current.
A little weird, checked them. this non-working led is at 9v 10ma when off, while it is 12v 10ma when on (selected), 3v difference.

but all other working lights are 3v 10ma when on, 0v when off, 3v difference. All lights look the same model, no difference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2015, 11:27 PM   #9
Bill_P is offline Bill_P  United States
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New York, the vampire state
R727 feeds six LEDs so there can be some interaction in the measurement. Are you measuring to ground or across the LED? If the CD, Aux, Video etc. LEDs work normally then R727 is working normally. Only two components can affect the Tuner light then - the LED itself and transistor Q712 along with its base resistors. When you select Tuner, does Q712 turn on? Measure base to emitter and collector to emitter voltages. If Q712 doesn't turn on when Tuner is activated then the LED might be good and the transistor bad.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2015, 10:25 PM   #10
kuer is offline kuer  Canada
diyAudio Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill_P View Post
R727 feeds six LEDs so there can be some interaction in the measurement. Are you measuring to ground or across the LED? If the CD, Aux, Video etc. LEDs work normally then R727 is working normally. Only two components can affect the Tuner light then - the LED itself and transistor Q712 along with its base resistors. When you select Tuner, does Q712 turn on? Measure base to emitter and collector to emitter voltages. If Q712 doesn't turn on when Tuner is activated then the LED might be good and the transistor bad.
Everything works good, not measure the ground. I will get a led to tried it out, if good, good. Thanks.
  Reply With Quote

Reply


Hide this!Advertise here!
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nad C 325 BEE, Output Problems kt90 Solid State 2 20th October 2014 06:01 PM
For Sale NAD C325 BEE JimM Swap Meet 4 8th September 2014 04:18 PM
NAD C325 BEE about to explode? Thinkcat Solid State 4 17th September 2013 11:12 PM
NAD-319 Integrated Amplifier ManUtd Solid State 9 14th March 2009 10:31 AM
WTB: NAD S300 Integrated Amplifier - Broken & or For Parts dtm1962 Swap Meet 0 6th April 2008 09:03 PM


New To Site? Need Help?

All times are GMT. The time now is 05:51 AM.


vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2015 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2015 diyAudio

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2