diy signal router

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I would like to build two simple signal routing devices. The first would be at the line level and would have a single input and perhaps two or three switchable outputs, all with rca jacks, to allow me to route from a preamp to one of several power amps. Such devices are already commonly found in the form of video game system switchers, but they are plastic and cost about 50 bucks. :bigeyes:

The second would be at the speaker level, and would allow perhaps two switchable inputs and three or four switchable outputs, all with binding posts. This way I could try several different amp/speaker combos without unplugging, etc. Something just slightly worries me about this one, not sure what, but I think it's doable, yes?

So here's the jist of it: I can find my way around capacitors and resistors, but pots/switches and the like are lost on me. I envision some rotary switches from the Rat Shack. Any specific suggestions? Also, tell me if I'm headed for trouble with the speaker-level box. thanks..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.