About power amplifier input? Thanks.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a rotel power amp and a pre amp together, Today tried them out. The sound quality is nice to me both for music and HT ( for Front driving only).

Problem is the power amp only has ONE set of rca input, unable to connect both pre amp and av receiver into the power amp at the same time.

So now, Can I use Y splitters from power amp input to both preamp and av receiver ? is there any bad things for the connection? Thank you.

No, don't use a "Y" cord that way because you will be connecting the AV receiver and preamp outputs directly together which can cause all kinds of weird loading issues. Instead, just connect the AV receiver output to one of the line level inputs on the preamp.

Mike

Thank you, Mike.

Yes, I can't say exactly the issue that may cause, that's why I had to ask. In fact I carelessly connected a lot of audio gears before, eventually I found out some different problems with them, such as pop sound, hizz sound, etc., even permanent damages.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.