Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS

2N5088 is fine - no big difference in this particular situation.
I have attached the MAT02 pinout just in case.
It is expected to work fine.

Attachments

• MAT02 DS Low Noise, Matched Dual Monolithic Transistor Data Sheet (Rev. E) 2017-11-23 15-58-12.jpg
    MAT02 DS Low Noise, Matched Dual Monolithic Transistor Data Sheet (Rev. E) 2017-11-23 15-58-12.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 308
Here what i got.
The first picture is as all other test with floating heatsink when second is with a grounded heatsink.
I wonder,is it something to do with the bandwidth difference?

Attachments

• 12V 6R MAT.PNG
    12V 6R MAT.PNG
    106.8 KB · Views: 96
  • 12V 6E MAT NOT GND HEAT..PNG
    12V 6E MAT NOT GND HEAT..PNG
    111.3 KB · Views: 127
  • MAT02 BANDWIGTH.PNG
    MAT02 BANDWIGTH.PNG
    265.1 KB · Views: 103
  • 2N5088 BANDWIDTH.PNG
    2N5088 BANDWIDTH.PNG
    231 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Here what i got.
The first picture is as all other test with floating heatsink when second is with a grounded heatsink.

But... 50 / 100 Hz components at the other spectrums are looking more like the ones on the right picture, aren't they?
I don't think fT difference of this kind would influence the noise performance that way.

Last edited:
But... 50 / 100 Hz components at the other spectrums are looking more like the ones on the right picture, aren't they?
Valery,all other spectrums looking like the ones on the right picture BUT all previous spectrums was taken with a floating heatsink.
Using MAT02 as input device spectrums are as in left picture regardless of the testing level.The problem solved when heatsink connected to GND.
I have triple checked this.

Last edited:
I'm wondering if this can be somehow related to this note in the datasheet, placed right under the pinout picture:

NOTE
Substrate is connected to case on TO-78 package. Sub-
strate is normally connected to the most negative circuit
potential, but can be floated.

Valery, i had seen this too.
What is the most negative circuit potential in our case?
Is the negative pole of power supply?
Grounding the metal case of the MAT02 not resolve the issue.

Last edited:
AX-Deluxe adventures

Just for the curiosity.
Testing this AX-Deluxe IPS using a FAKE MAT02 this time.
No issue found!
I came to believe that the issue have to do with the internal R&D in the authentic MAT02.
Transistor tester not recognized R&D in the FAKE MAT02.

Attachments

• 26.6V.PNG
    26.6V.PNG
    107.4 KB · Views: 410
  • 21V.PNG
    21V.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 419
  • 15V FAKE.PNG
    15V FAKE.PNG
    106.7 KB · Views: 432
  • 5V.PNG
    5V.PNG
    104 KB · Views: 429
  • 2.5V 6R FAKE MAT.PNG
    2.5V 6R FAKE MAT.PNG
    104.2 KB · Views: 438
Last edited:
TubSuMo is alive and working beautifully! I only built one channel but it sounds great even in mono. Solid bass! Excellent detail. No hint of hum. My build of the original version wasn't overly inspiring due to some hum issues I never was able to find the cause of. I'm very happy with the results here so for.

Initial tests were with +/- 56V rails and an 8R dummy load. my bench supply sags quite a bit so it's clipping around 125W. Runs great at full power well past 100kHz but the zobel network was stinking up my office so I didn't get any pictures.

Attachments

• 1k Clipping.PNG
    1k Clipping.PNG
    71.2 KB · Views: 99
  • 50k Sine.PNG
    50k Sine.PNG
    70.7 KB · Views: 82
  • 50k Square.PNG
    50k Square.PNG
    97.3 KB · Views: 87
  • TubSuMo.jpg
    TubSuMo.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 182
  • Square  waves 1k.PNG
    Square waves 1k.PNG
    61.7 KB · Views: 180
Last edited:
TubSuMo is alive and working beautifully! I only built one channel but it sounds great even in mono. Solid bass! Excellent detail. No hint of hum. My build of the original version wasn't overly inspiring due to some hum issues I never was able to find the cause of. I'm very happy with the results here so for.

Initial tests were with +/- 56V rails and an 8R dummy load. my bench supply sags quite a bit so it's clipping around 125W. Runs great at full power well past 100kHz but the zobel network was stinking up my office so I didn't get any pictures.

Great News!
Another alive boy to the family.
What is the power board?
Aha,i see ver.2 NS.integrating protection

Last edited: