Large offset and large differential input to input pairs... but amp works..?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a strange problem I have no encountered before. Here are the symptoms.

Amp works fine, I get a clean signal output, under load, is stable (clean square wave no overshoot). But there is something going on with the LTP offset and amp offset.

Speaker out (vout) offset is ~90mV.
Feedback input is ~90mV
Signal Input is +50mV (???????)

Closed loop gain is fine (25V/V vs 31V/V from feedback ratio), so I don't think the open loop gain is as bad as the differenital input to the LTP suggests. Somehow it seems there is some kind of offset going. I took a look at some the bias voltages and everything seems to look ok EXCEPT each input to the LTP.

Where to debug next?

90mV at the output is not the end of the world!!! If you have complementary LTP IPS, it's not that surprising.

Yes, it doesn't kill any audio quality or anything, but I still want to understand it. I've built many amps with LTP input stage and I usually get an offset of 1-10mV. Ive never seen 90mV and I have never seen a LTP offset this large before, which leads me to believe there is some misconnection, broken part, or broken trace on the PCB, but I can't find it so far.

I was just dicking around in spice playing with mismatched emitter resistor values and yes mismatching values does create the exact effect I am seeing, which would translate into mismatched bjt re values...

Maybe ive just lucked out and never built and amp with LTP transistors that never mismatched this much.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.