Audio PCB's with Sprint Layout ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I got very used to EasyPC, then found it wasn't compatible with Vista/win7.

I then switched to ExpressPCB. I have used Ultiboard which was nice too.

Now I'm using Design Spark6, mainly as its so similar to EasyPC with the 3D board view of Ultiboard, but free.

I have no idea if it converts schematic to layout, if so ive never found put how to use it.

Never used Eagle or Sprint. Maybe I'm missing out?

EasyPC or Design Spark seems to work well enough for me (even ExpressPCB is good for free software)

thank you for sharing your experience ... but you can give eagle a try ... it's a very good software with schematic integration , feed back between board and schematic , automatic naming and numbering , very easy to edit the board after all done , different packages for power devices , error check and comparison between board and schematic , 3D modeling but it's not that easy in eagle .

Regards
M.H

Hi!

I'm a user of sprint layout for years, but recently when i submitted the gerbers to a fab here in spain, there were a lot of problems because sprint layout exports pcb as polygons rather than lines, as fabs would like.

Has anyone experienced a similar problem?? ¿how did you solve it? ¿what gerber export settings work well?

Thank you for your help!!

JAY X

Hi!

I'm a user of sprint layout for years, but recently when i submitted the gerbers to a fab here in spain, there were a lot of problems because sprint layout exports pcb as polygons rather than lines, as fabs would like . . . .
I have never used "Sprint Layout", but I have used several other PCB layout programs (currently the no-charge, open-source KiCAD) and never had a problem like you describe .

If I remember correctly, adding a polygon command was one of the significant improvements to the Gerber format when it went from the RS-274D version to the (current) RS-274X version in the mid 1990's. If the Gerber "Polygon" command is a problem for your fab, then they need to modernize their equipment.

Until they do . . . when you generate Gerber files, is there an option to use only basic Gerber commands, not the extended commands? This is NOT the same as reverting back to RS-274D. (Going back to RS-274D opens up a list of possible problems. Many PCB fabs simply refuse to accept the old RS-274D files.)

Dale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.