Doxa 70 Signature Series Mk2 and BD245C/BD246C

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What you say about Futurlec, is the impression I've got, after searching around. The product description say "Manufacturer: Various". The datasheet say Motorola, not even On Semiconductors. Yes Ian, you've taught me vital aspects of how this market works :) Whatever reseller I choose, I will buy original tubes. Talking about that, is there a way to tell the reseller about this, when ordering?

And yes, I got your point about KEC. It was an eye-opener for me. Very interesting!

ST Micro, who supply a lot of excellent second source product, don't give full details either. I think very few second sources do, so I wouldn't be too concerned, since the reputation of the Manufacturer is probably the most important quality. That's why counterfeit product is such a threat, because it damages reputations.
Then ST is on my list again! I also have the impression, that the TIP34C at least are hard to find. I see Farnell has both ST TIP33C and TIP34C. Farnell is close to Norway and has a good reputation.
Yes, disappointing to learn that complementary parts aren't really complementary - just the leading ratings may be.
Yes, I've seen large differences in HFE, especially on new devices.

Thanks again Ian :) :)

Joined 2010
Paid Member
I haven't yet ordered a single tube quantity from Mouser or Digikey, which would be my preference from here. By ordering the exact tube quantity, you should be guaranteed the full tube which is otherwise cut up for smaller quantities. Farnell usually have a sales counter where one can check the goods but for me, that is 500 km too far. I would call and order that way so I got my requirement across and had personal service.

Farnell's stock records can be error-prone. Check that the product and your package requirement really is in stock. You may find you can just as easily buy a part tube or from a carton, if its contents are known to be original and unmixed. There may not be any options with general-purpose parts like those.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.