A power amplifier with 2SC2922SA1216

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I happens to have some of this power trans and transformer that gives me 2x54V DC. Can anyone "come up" with a DIY project that includs a PCB (to copy or to buy) that "suits" this components??

Eivind Stillingen

How many do you have ? 2 pair each (8 total) would have a 200 watt amp.

Try this group buy. -http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/group-buys/257057-slewmaster-project-boards-7.html

If he has gone through all these boards - I'm upgrading to the board on the
above link - my present boards will take 6 of those sankens as a very
powerful 300W class AB amp - I'll sell them cheap.

These "slewmasters" are about the only forum kit especially suited for
the MT-200's. A much more refined project than any Ebay offering.

BTW , this is a output stage/ input stage modular project ... you get
to choose just about any forum amp (sansui , sony , adcom type input stages).
OS

stocktrader200

I will go for a Honey Bader.PCB already ordered. Did you do any changes from the original when you used 2SC2922SA1216? I will connect the output using wires because of the heatsinks that I already have. Any problems with this mounting of the devices?
Eivind Stillingen

stocktrader200

I will go for a Honey Bader.PCB already ordered. Did you do any changes from the original when you used 2SC2922SA1216? I will connect the output using wires because of the heatsinks that I already have. Any problems with this mounting of the devices?
Eivind Stillingen

I already did the preliminary on a badger - mt-200. The outputs will just barely
fit physically. The drivers will also barely fit. You might have to drill the Q13/14
holes out to mount the drivers closer to the PCB.

That the physical half of this. Electrically - compare the "typical" current gain
of a 2sc2922 to a njw0281 (below). The drivers will see a higher load <8R , especially
at 4R. In fact , you will never reach the 3 pair 2SC2922/2SA1216 maximum
SOA before driver failure.

In short , the badger is an EF2 designed for high beta outputs.
You might get away with 2 pair in the badger , here you could just run the VAS at
10ma Ic.
The multi pair 2SC2922/2SA1216 amps I've seen were all EF3 with huge mt-100
drivers.
(below 1 and 2 - 2922 and 0281 - middle plots)
OS

Attachments

• 2sc2922.gif
    2sc2922.gif
    37.2 KB · Views: 195
  • njw0281.gif
    njw0281.gif
    43.1 KB · Views: 203
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.