Arcam FMJ A22 Flashing Red Power LED - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 1st June 2015, 10:08 PM   #1
wobwob is offline wobwob  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Default Arcam FMJ A22 Flashing Red Power LED

Hello,

After years of faultless service my A22 has recently started to shut itself down after 15-20 minutes of use at normal volumes. The display also seems to be a bit unreliable occasionally not coming on at all on power up and occasionally going off while the amp is running. Is there any chance that this is related to the protection circuit kicking in?

I've taken the lid off and can't see anything that looks particularly suspicious - no bloated caps, no signs of overheating etc. Is this something that I could debug by probing the Z9 device or is it likely to be a lost cause?

Also, Arcam's website now says that they are "unable to engage with Arcam owners directly when it comes to servicing equipment" which is a shame as they are just up the road and I previously found them very helpful. Has anyone tried to deal directly with Arcam recently? I'd contact my dealer for help but sadly they closed a couple of years ago...

Thanks for any advice!
Old 2nd June 2015, 08:57 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

According to this thread, the FMJ A22 is apparently a reworking of the Alpha 10. This should help as there is no service manual available on the web for this model, unless perhaps you are a service agent for Arcam.
Without a manual, it's not smart to try to fault-find or even offer specific help or advice on a complex model like this.
Arcam Alpha 10 Manual - Stereo Integrated Amplifier - HiFi Engine

Hide this!Advertise here!