Onkyo TX-NR808 fault

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Morning all,

As per the title, I have an Onkyo 808 which switches off and into protection mode approx 3-5 seconds after power on.

I stripped it down and have checked all the emitter resistors and tested all the output transistors, with no fault found.

I rebuilt the amp and powered it up, and it stayed on, but when testing it the front left channel produced no sound. If I used zone 2 or bi-amp for the front speakers, the left channel on those outputs was working fine. So I stripped it down again and swapped the FL and FR voltage amp boards to see if the fault transposed to the other side, which it didn't.

After I had run the amp again for about 30 mins it locked down into protection mode once more.

I'm aware of the common HDMI/Network fault with this and a number of Onkyo amps form the same era, but I don't think this is the same fault.

I've got the service manual and can upload it here if needs be. I'm at a bit of a loss as to where to go form here, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.