New Amp Project - GvT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new to this forum, at least on the posting side. But my new amplifier project has reached a point now that I would like to get some oppinions and ideas others have about the circuits.

Here's the idea about the amplifier:

It receives a fully symetric signal from my DA-Converter. (The complementary signal is digitally inverted).

This signal is then passed though the volume control (most likely a resistor-array with a switch). Thereafter comes the Kaneda Preamplifier or alternatively a tube amp, a combination of a Van Scoyoc and an SRPP Circuit. I will post this circuit in the tupe section.

Then comes the frequency-splitter. This will also be posted in a different thread.

The maximal signal-level will be +/-5V at this point.

The final amps will drive (bridged) 8 Ohm loads. Going for 100W at 8 Ohm 28V have to be givent to the speaker. This leaves +/- 14 V per amp. Setting the input to 20V I could acheave a clipping around 16.5V.

I personally favor the cascode entering-stage and mosfet output, so I came up with the following circuit.

I am looking forewards for your ideas and oppinions in these schematics.

Greetings
Georg

Attachments

• myamp.gif
    myamp.gif
    13.4 KB · Views: 310
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.