Denon Transistors

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
just be careful that you get genuine parts and they're in the same beta range. the beta range is the O,P, or Y under the right side of the part number. the date code/ lot number is under the left side of the part number. the dimple under the date code/ beta code, should have well defined sharp edges, and nothing imprinted in it. some counterfeiters put an SK in this dimple which sanken does NOT.

shown here is a picture from sanken:

I don't think the comment about dimples and counterfeits is true. Did you mean the opposite? I've been digging into a Denon AVR-1010 and the SK output transistors all have SK imprinted in the dimple. I double checked all this when I noticed that "pulls" on eBay have the imprint in their pictures. I've attached a picture that might be entertaining. You can see the blown driver transistor as well as SK in the dimples if you zoom in.

About the beta range, clearly I'm looking for Y, but is there a YZ beta to match, or does the Z denote something else? The receiver I have has YZ and OZ parts in different output banks. And the replacement parts I'm finding do not have a Z after the beta.

Attachments

• IMG_4168.jpg
    IMG_4168.jpg
    537.4 KB · Views: 91
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.