input selector switches

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What kind of switches are you talking about??
And how will it be connected to your existing input selector?

ELMA makes some good rotary switches, where you easily can add 6 stereo inputs to your existing input.

All components in the signal path will have some influence on the sound. Try checking out the Electronics and Parts forum, or make a search for "Input Selector" ;)

Elma good ???????

ACD said:
What kind of switches are you talking about??
And how will it be connected to your existing input selector?

ELMA makes some good rotary switches, where you easily can add 6 stereo inputs to your existing input.

All components in the signal path will have some influence on the sound. Try checking out the Electronics and Parts forum, or make a search for "Input Selector" ;)

Hi ACD,
I don't believe Elma is good:
http://java.audioasylum.com/cgi/m.pl?forum=tweaks&n=44474&highlight=elma+elso&r=&session=
I got my Electroswitches from www.alliedelec.com and the Shallco from Michael Percy.
See also www.electroswitch.com
:cool:

I don't believe Elma is good:

That's strange,-'cause the Elma switches have been concidered being top notch for a great many years. That doesn't mean there aren't others , though.......... Didn't NP also comment on discarding a load of Electroswith recently,--- apparently for quality reasons ??

By definition ( and by fact) , the corrosion resistance is a lot higher for gold than silver. The problem might indicate presence of dust causing mechanical abrasion, or air pollution...???

Whether silver sounds better than gold, is probably more of a question for the metaphysical department.....:angel:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.