Fabio Mauricio Timi

A great Brazilian Audio Designer that vanished from the internet .... He was at Geocities for long years, and had instructions how to design an amplifier, then, suddenly (2009) vanished.

People said the reason why he vainshed was because he found too many people copying and selling his stuff.... this is something that really bother us a lot.

Now a days he has a site and sell high end equipments...no more schematics, no more lessons, no more kits.

Here you can see one of his amplifiers...if you want to analise it i gonna be happy to listen your thoughts about...was hard to find this schematic, it likes he removed everything from the WEB.

Here you can see his site:

http://www.timiaudio.com.br/fmt/sca9900.htm

Sad stuff...this guy helped a lot brazilians....we had no knowledge and he was a breath of fresh air in our lives...hurts me a lot to know he give up to teach us audio electronics.... well...i can understand that, but i cannot accept because Brazil is so poor in such kind of knowledge...so poor that i am one of the famous ones and my knowledge is so small compared to Fabio Timi.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• fm1450.gif
    fm1450.gif
    68.4 KB · Views: 624
Last edited:
I have never listened to it, but it seems quality may be good

Despite he worked with 0.1% THD and now a days we go 100 times less...also he used to make some overcomplicated circuits.

Well, considering that speakers distorts a lot, there's no point to search for low levels of distortion unless you use special headphones or special speakers...so...the now a days advantage in distortion may not appear in real life audio reproduction..... well...... we try our best with the speakers we have now a days.

But i do think it is a pitty he is out from the Community as he is a high level star in my country.... we are very poor in knowledge about audio in Brazil...several factories used to copy schematics...most of them use Marshall Leach variations....very few guys are dedicated to audio..... so, when one is out, a high percent is lost.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• 2707_2.jpg
    2707_2.jpg
    352.3 KB · Views: 386
Last edited:
Despite he worked with 0.1% THD and now a days we go 100 times less...also he used to make some overcomplicated circuits.

Well, considering that speakers distorts a lot, there's no point to search for low levels of distortion unless you use special headphones or special speakers...so...the now a days advantage in distortion may not appear in real life audio reproduction..... well...... we try our best with the speakers we have now a days.

But i do think it is a pitty he is out from the Community as he is a high level star in my country.... we are very poor in knowledge about audio in Brazil...several factories used to copy schematics...most of them use Marshall Leach variations....very few guys are dedicated to audio..... so, when one is out, a high percent is lost.

regards,

Carlos
Hi Carlos ! Do you mind sending to my email the comments in portuguese about that amplifier ? My email is silvino_ramos@hotmail.com
Thanks
Um abraço de portugal

Down the publisher's page is written

"this amplifier was entirely developed with the help of a computer, it was not tested real life"

So, this is what they said down 90s

It is a word docx and i could not attach in our forum, despite the size is fine within the limits.

Down this page, at the signature line, one example about what many Brazilians have inside their hearts.....humanity

regards,

Carlos

Last edited:
"this amplifier was entirely developed with the help of a computer, it was not tested real life"

So, this is what they said down 90s

It is a word docx and i could not attach in our forum, despite the size is fine within the limits.

Down this page, at the signature line, one example about what many Brazilians have inside their hearts.....humanity

regards,

Carlos

Hello, Carlos.

Do you have more schematics designed by Fabio Timi? I remember his website (Could Not ConnectCapeCanaveral/9096/projetos.htm) which is offline. Could you please send me any projects of him you have?

Thank you in advance.