Mono block temp difference

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
Here's a strange phenomenon. First of all, many thanks to nattawa for stepping in and getting these up to standard +.

Okay, the left one idles about 4degF cooler than the right. But if I switch them around, the left one still idles 4degF cooler than the right. What's up?

Joined 2009
Paid Member
They're on the floor. Heat vent is about one foot away but absolutely no air hits the amp. I will temporarily block it off completely and report back. I suppose the overall ambient temp increases exponentially toward the vent though. I didn't think it would be quite that drastic.

Joined 2009
Paid Member
Hi Shaoyi. It's not the duct work because my conclusion is a result of closing off the register completely. I wrapped it in a plastic grocery bag and stuck it back in it's place. Both amps are now the same or very close. But I'm surprised that there should be a difference since the amps are side by side with only a few inches between them. So it must be radiant heat from the air coming out of the register since no air from it hits the amp directly? Or simply mixture taking place in close proximity to the register that I'm not able to detect.:)

C = Celcius or Centigrade. But is a temperature DIFFERENCE. It is not a temperature as in °C

W = Watt. This is the Power to be dissipated.

W/C is the dissipation capability in Watts for each Cdegree above the ambient (temperature difference).

C/W is the rise in temperature due to power being input to the device/dissipator.

One is the reciprocal of the other.

....and because it is the temperature differential that drives air convection (velocity) and determines temperature gradient towards the ambience, a heat sink operates more efficiently in terms of c/w at temperatures high above ambience than would otherwise. That's why jacco says what your next discovery could be.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.