transformer question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I really need a help on this one. I tryed searching for it but am still confused.

I have a couple of spare 24-0-24 trannies, rated 40VA.

Question one: what is the formula to know the maximum current that can be drawn? Is is straight from P=IV, which in this case would be 1.3A for each secondary winding, after DC conversion. Are this calculations correct?

Question two: the 40VA rating is for both the secondaries, right? or is it 40VA for each of the secondaries winding?

Thanks, feel free to :smash: me a bit

Tiago

Question one: what is the formula to know the maximum current that can be drawn? Is is straight from P=IV, which in this case would be 1.3A for each secondary winding, after DC conversion. Are this calculations correct?

Question two: the 40VA rating is for both the secondaries, right? or is it 40VA for each of the secondaries winding?

40 VA is transformer rating, for all secondary windings it may have. DC voltage after conversion will be 33V, and output current for each rail will be 0.6A.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.