Help Please! SONY TA-N80ES blowing internal 8A fuse

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a US model SONY TA-N80ES power amplifier. The unit was tripping in and out of protection mode, now when powered on it blows the internal 8A slo-blo fuse. I've opened it up and nothing obvious jumps out. I found if I disconnect the power to the Main Board (the one with the big potted caps) from the AC board the fuse doesn't blow. I've basically verified the circuits from the power cord thru the main switch to the transformer and out to the relays. I then see voltage through the relays to the Light Gray, Gray, and Black wires soldered to the AC board leading to a 4 pin plug that connects to the Main board on a 4 pin buss. None of the caps look bulged, I see no burn marks on the boards, etc. I'm stumped. A US version of the service manual would be helpful, I could only find the EU version online and SONY has the wrong Technical manual linked on SONY.com

Does anyone know what I should look at. I've had this setup for years and this is the first bit of trouble that I've had.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.