Need help to cancel tone control in an amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sorry forgot the picture

Attachments

• tone.JPG
    tone.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 70
Administrator
Joined 2007
Paid Member
One way to get the gain correct is to measure it as it stands now with the tone controls centred.

Measure the input to the power amp and its output using a 1kHz sine and calculate the AC gain from these two figures. When you have done that we can derive a suitable feedback network.

OK I did like in the picture .
at first R2 was 4.7K but the gain was too low
so I put w 1.76K and now the gain is normal
I did not put a cap in parellal to R1 , because i dont have is it necessery ?

the Denon work well . you help me allot thanks :)

Attachments

• FB4.jpg
    FB4.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 59
thanks roger .
do you think 10pF will be fine ?

This denon , does not have an preamp stage .
The signal goes strait to power stage , what do you think about this design ?

I have no idea about what value to use for that capacitor and am not able to comment on the amp design. I am not knowledgeable like Mooly, jan.didden, and others here. I posted the link for you because I was aware of that thread and I thought that you may be interested to read it.

The picture that Mooley gave you looks like the NFB loop in several (commercial design) schematics that I have studied. I see that parallel ceramic cap in all of them.

I will be interested to learn from this thread as I have considered doing the same modification to one of my amps.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.