Qsc rmx 850 @ 16 ohm - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd March 2015, 07:53 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Qsc rmx 850 @ 16 ohm

Hello

Im sorry if this has been posted in the wrong section. I wasnt sure if it was more suited in the pa section or here.

To mods - please delete/move if this is not appropiate for this forum sub-section.

It is a very simplistic question. What power rating does the the qsc rmx 850 amp have at 16 ohm.

It is class AB and would be powering a couple of (16ohm, obviously) compression drivers.

If any other details are needed please dont heaistate to ask and i will try to supply to best of my limited knowledge.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Cheers
Old 2nd March 2015, 08:00 AM   #2
Did it Himself
diyAudio Member

As a rule of thumb or worst case it would be half the 8 ohm power. However, due to power supply sag and losses with lower ohm loads, you may find the power into 16 ohms is a bit more then half the 8 ohm power.
Old 2nd March 2015, 08:07 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

Thank you very much !! I hope you have a lovely day.

Hide this!Advertise here!