Another CFA from MJ Magazine

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dear guys,

Greetings,...this is my first thread...how do u think about this amplifier from this link https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...-LSx0OXE3E5DfyMaw&sig2=xLnSlQT8kmgHc31_BLWO2g

It is similar with VSSA with different values.

Kinds regards,

Josh

Because slew rate of CFA determine by resistor feedback's value, use 10K will make slew rate low. The advantage of CFA is high slew rate, make it low will loose the advantage and worse compare with VFA.
I think the designer do not know how to design an CFA. You should simulate it first to compare with VSSA,

Hi Bimo,

By chance, OCL150 topology looks very close to R. Elliott's P3A where he's using Sziklai outputs instead of Darlington.

Jacques

I am not inspire by P3A, but by AKSA 55 from Hugh Dean when I made Perkutut Amplifier. I do not know who create OCL 150 is.
AKSA 55 is simple, and THD is not low enough but harmonic profile is good with 2nd harmonic dominant. It have high slew rate, too.

Last edited:
Input stage of the VSSA or whatever you call it is first used by Malcolm Hawksford in his phono preamp as you know it. I don`t know what is so special or original in "your" amp that you have to self promote in every thread about CFA amps or any other thread? I think It`s annoying...

VSSA is a complete package, cannot use the head without a body. Just answering to direct VSSA questions, two times in this thread. Is that makes you annoyed? Any reason to be annoyed? Get a life. ;)

VSSA is a complete package, cannot use the head without a body. Just answering to direct VSSA questions, two times in this thread. Is that makes you annoyed? Any reason to be annoyed? Get a life. ;)

I`m annoyed with your self promoting of already invented inventions over and over again and "vssa" it`s not the only one. Ok, not annoyed, I just don`t like self promotion in any way I think is bad for you as a person, but of course you can not see that. Anyway I wish you well.
"Get a life. ;)" - wow you nailed me with that one :D

Last edited:
I`m annoyed with your self promoting of already invented inventions over and over again and "vssa" it`s not the only one. Ok, not annoyed, I just don`t like self promotion in any way I think is bad for you as a person, but of course you can not see that. Anyway I wish you well.
"Get a life. ;)" - wow you nailed me with that one :D
You've made very good self promotion now, congratulations. :up:
VSSA is public and if they all accepted it as it is then that's really none of your concern. :yes:
P.S. Nailing is all on you. ;)

I do not care who is first made IPS like VSSA. But LC is promote it here :cool:
It change my point of view about slew rate. I designed an CFA using 3EF OPS. It better than Latfet.

And then I always made high slew rate amp, even in VFA. My Blameless 150 can beat four expensive amplifier in mid and high frequency, even I use cheap ordinary parts :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.