Buy Mark Levinson for Peanuts - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 26th January 2004, 02:58 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Buy Mark Levinson for Peanuts

Im sure you have heard about the Red Rose amps being made by a Chinese high end audio company called Korsun.

The Rosette amp was $2000 and can be had for $200 going by the prices here

Cattylink

The RR Passion is $3000 retail and can be had for $300

The RR Affirmation is $7000 and can be had for 1k US

This one seems to be better value if buying locally as you are only incuring a 7x markup instead of the usual 10x.

The only problem is that they apparently dont ship the 110v products to North america no doubt because of an agreement with RR Music.

I have some pics of the internals of the Affirmation/Korsun V8i amplifier guys take a look, any good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (84.8 KB, 3436 views)
Old 26th January 2004, 03:25 AM   #2
Account Disabled

that's a pretty good collection of some high-end stuff coming from China. and you can do better than that.

For example, the SP-991 monoblocks were sold for about $450 USD when I was there last November.

China is increasingly a player in the high-end, not just for consumer but also for professional audio: if you buy an sizeable audio company anywhere in the world, you will have to go to China to understand what's going on there and how it is going to impact your investment in your home country, wherever you are.

Yes, the country (the region actually) that makes super cheap crappy DVD players also makes and engineers some of the best high-end audio gears, and doing that increasing more and more.

To just give a perspective for some of us who haven't come to understand what China means for audio.
Old 26th January 2004, 03:41 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

[IMG]1[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (26.1 KB, 2577 views)
Old 26th January 2004, 03:46 AM   #4
diyAudio Member

pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (74.6 KB, 2673 views)
Old 26th January 2004, 03:52 AM   #5
diyAudio Member

pic
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (69.3 KB, 3064 views)
Old 26th January 2004, 03:54 AM   #6
diyAudio Member

Default you are so right..

I am glad that beside my posts, some one else is confirming that things I have written on diyaudio.

I have written to several audio magazines and websites to ask them for comments on my claims, but, as expected, none of them have replied. I also sent a comment to amazon.com who sold the Red Rose/Korsun for the special price of $1,800.00 but my comments were erased from the bulliten board and I got a one liner back saying they would look into it .

Ofcourse it is not illegal in the US to sell something with a profit margin of 1000 pct or more contrarily to the Old Europe where a dealer/store could get into deep trouble (example the guy who won a lawsuit for on overpriced cup of espresso = 32 cents)

This is the land of the Free, not Free Samples but Free to ripp of as you want, and if the customer is a fool, you get even more credit because one has to pull it off right!

Jean-Pierre

residing in the land of the Free and counting.... another 12 years here in the US and then... back to Belgium, the land of Milk and Honey!
Old 26th January 2004, 04:49 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally posted by millwood
that's a pretty good collection of some high-end stuff coming from China. and you can do better than that.

For example, the SP-991 monoblocks were sold for about $450 USD when I was there last November.

Your talking about the Shengya products right? Is that $450 each or for 2?
Either way it is phenomenal value for money and will hopefully put pressure on the hign end scamming companies.

You can get the Sp-991 monoblocks and the 93 preamp for $1400 US.
Shengya is rebadged as 'Vincent' for the euro market. Just for the monoblocks alone they charge $6000 euros there.

Also I notice they have the Ming Da tube monoblocks for $3400 which have recently been introduced to the american market for $13,000.

Korsun internal pic (why didnt the others show up?)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (74.6 KB, 2476 views)
Old 26th January 2004, 07:44 AM   #8
Cobra2 is offline Cobra2  Norway
DIY !
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to Cobra2
Quote:
you will have to go to China to understand what's going on there and how it is going to impact your investment in your home country, wherever you are.
Just remember that quality parts are as expensive in China as the rest of the world...

Arne K
Old 26th January 2004, 11:07 AM   #9
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally posted by Agisthos

Your talking about the Shengya products right? Is that $450 each or for 2?
that's for one, and non-negotiated price (like list price in the US).

Quote:
Originally posted by Cobra2
Just remember that quality parts are as expensive in China as the rest of the world...

Arne K

that's very true. However, if we pay by parts cost, those $5000 47 gaincard would go by $5,
Old 26th January 2004, 03:25 PM   #10
BrianGT is offline BrianGT  United States
diyAudio Moderator Emeritus

Send a message via AIM to BrianGT
Is there anyway to purchase these amplifiers directly from China?

I ordered something from Singapore once, and shipping wasn't that bad. No taxes/duties were charged either. It only cost me a little more to have something shipped from Singapore, then it cost me to ship a package to Canada.

--
Brian

Hide this!Advertise here!