Help needed please on identifying accuphase diodes in P500 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Solid State

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st December 2014, 08:00 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Default Help needed please on identifying accuphase diodes in P500

Hi, only new to this site, great reading but first post. Probably in wrong thread, sorry in advanve if it is.
I've been doing up an accuphase P500 that had been run with a 15amp fuse for god knows how long. The result was many dry joints. & a few tired diodes resistors, it faired pretty well considering. The previous owner would not elaborate, not exactly honest so would not believe a word that came out of his brain.
My problem is because its an international model multi voltage, Accuphase Australia or dealer wont share any info about the colour codes of thier diodes.
How are you meant to know it was an import when its a multi voltage amp.
So basically I'm stuck with this amp. Which does sound ok. But one channel is way louder, have traced fault down to a green zenor diode only marking is its light green & has the letter A printed on it. Nothing else.
Would anyone know of a service manual or anything about repairing a P500.
Thanks for your help.
Thanks from Thunderchook
Old 31st December 2014, 12:22 PM   #2
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Skype™ to JonSnell Electronic
All I can find is the P300
accuphase p300 power amplifier schematic Download page :: Schematics Unlimited
Old 1st January 2015, 03:10 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Good day Jon, thankyou for your help, I've looked at many different schamatics on accuphase amps. This P500 was made in 1985 the accuphase E202 is around same time but solid state no mention of colour coded zeners. Have been looking at Sony amps that are very close to this amp. This may be why accuphase used Zeners and signal diodes that have only 1 letter or number on each one. Have taken measurements off the good board with peak dca75 pretty sure its a 4v zener. But would like to be able to know I'm not going to bugger amp up.have searched the internet for a service manual,

Hide this!Advertise here!