Very Simple Hybrid Ampifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
thimios
You are right BJTs and Verticals are way better down bellow 100Hz.

Some say crazy people are making crazy things - like putting the vacuum tube not at the front of the amp but on the back :D
I got some nice advice of a very wise member of this forum and I have prepared another hybrid amplifier - prototype so far.

Solid state amplifier got a current driven SRPP NFB processor. Before signal goes to the inverting input it is processed with vacuum tube.
Some will say that tube is placed at the wrong side of the amplifier :D

The special circuit is developed to smoothly switch in between standard solid state amplifier and vacuum tube processed NFB.

The only thing is that so far I do not know if it works. looking forward to find out.

Regards

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    237.5 KB · Views: 867
AKSA
I have ordered PCBs for the prototype, have no time to eatch the board.
What I have testet is 20x gain tube preamp + 2x gain solid state amplifier, the resaults are stunning (for me anyway), hope the NFB tube will be good too.

The worst thing is that I have another idea. Just look bellow

ECC832 JJ - Lampy Elektronowe On-Line. Największy polski sklep z technik

ECC832 --> double triode, ECC83 and ECC82 , my idea is to prepare a small preamp:
-ECC83 as input triode
-ECC82 + mosfet CCS as SRPP
-NFB wired up to the ECC83 cathode

The both cathodes will be referenced close to the GND so there will be no need to elevate the heater.

Kay Pirinha

Schematic will be ready when I receive the boards and solder them together. For now I do not know if it will work OK.

Regards

Nice work, Thimios......
How does it sound?

Hugh
Thanks Hugh,i hope that i will be in situation to answer soon.:)
The second chanel is close to complete and then i will listen to it.
I can't hide that listening to the IPS in co - operation with Valery's N.S OPS,i have very good impressions!
I like the way that bass are presents even at the low volume setting.
The same using Ostiper Slewmaster as OPS.
Now VSHA is located at his home.;)
Let's wait to see how this can feel.:cool:
PS Please keep in mind that this is a test bed and not the final housing.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.