Fairchild KSC1845 is substitutes for 2SC458 and 2SC945?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was determined all right! As determined as you were helpful and patient, Ian. I made a small typo in that the Thandar has an LCD (not LED) screen. But for all that it's not as good as the UT61E for low voltages.
Today I shall find some tape - NOT AMPEX 406 or 456 which have a deterioration of the oxide layer problem and gunge up the works! - but TDK, RACAL-ZONAL or MAXELL and make experimental live recordings. I shall use the CALREC SPS422 for this (nothing like using the best!) and get Maxim, my son, to play his Viola.
Next on the workbench is my ACER 9300 with its on-going VGA problem. After removing the MoBo and CPU I play a hot air paint stripper to the solder joints on the MoBo. More X'd finger needed!
Happy Christmas!

An absolutely fabulous thread here - Ian and Michael - bravo!

I do have 1 question/request for Michael, though. Can you post your final list of replacement capacitors? I'm particularly interested in those used in the audio signal chain, not the control board.

Question for Ian - in one post you indicate better S/N ratios using "modern" capacitors - do you mean better electrolytics (as opposed to those manufactured decades ago), or some other dialectric material?

I have had my Akai GX 635D for about 2 years now and, while the transport and control electronics work just fine, the audio signal chain - left channel in particular (play) need addressing.

Thanks again to eveyone in this thread - extremely valuable!

David

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.