Inverting X circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
There are comments about the excel about x configuration, especially in aleph pages,

In this same website, there are comments about the excel of inverting power amp, especially in the gainclone threads.
So an idea of questions comes in my mind. I dont really understand why inverting power amp is said to excel the normal one. Fig 1 is the normal X amp, while A1 and A2 is a "Normal Current Gain".

Let's pretend that we can make an inverting current gain (or inverting feedback) that is as good as the normal one. Our main focus here is Q1 and Q2. A1 and A2 is an "Inverting Current Gain " . If this inverting current gain (or inverting feedback) is applied to X schematic, so it comes to Fig 2.

1. Will this work at all?
2. X is coming from the crossing of input and feedback between the 2 differential transistors. But inverting current stage results in fig2, which has no crossing at all. Is this still can be classified as x circuit?
3. The DC problem with aleph-x is somehow related to "positive feedback", at least that is how I understand it from the GRollins tracking approach. With Fig2, there will be no positive feedback, since the input and output is applied to the same differential transistor. Will this eliminate the DC problem in x circuit?

Attachments

• gam1.jpg
    gam1.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 261
Fig. II

No matter how you slice it, its the same. You could invert one half of a 2-stage amp, or as your drawing capitalize on the the negative output of the diff. pair. I hesitate to call this bridged b/c there is a single shared input stage, but in the basic concept you could say it is bridged (w/ a simplified input stage).

This is distinct from X conceptually, even though it is only a couple of different wires. The feedback is coming from a totally different place.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.