An audio amplifier from what I have available

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm looking to start a project to build an audio amplifier, but I'm on a tight budget and would like to use what I have available. I'm asking for schematic ideas, design samples etc. Where these would work well.

I want a stereo amplifier which can drive 2x15W speaker with an 8 ohm impedance.

What I have available is 5xMN2488 and 5xSP1620 (Sanken), aswell as an STK350-230, 2xUPC2581V and a pair of MJE1530/MJE1531. If possible I'd like to use a 2x30VAC toroid (60VA each) that I have, but making the power supply won't be an issue.

Anyone know of a schematic that could utilize these components? Or any other ideas?

How about a single 42V supply? Parallel the 30V windings instead of series. Then build a simple capacitor coupled design, like the DX Trust. 15030/1 will work for outputs, or pick up a couple TIP41/2 pairs for next to nothing. Everything else can be six-cent small signal devices - and they type numbers aren't even that important on a 42V rail. Scavenged "unknown" devices would work - as long as polarity is right (and that can be tested).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.