Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Solid State Talk all about solid state amplification.

Ultra-high performance, yet rather simple - hybrid and more!
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 8th November 2017, 11:24 AM   #991
vzaichenko is offline vzaichenko  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

That's right - later on, I have replaced those single blue LEDs by 2 x red LEDs.
I have tested configuration with single red LEDs, but it showed poorer performance at high swings with some types of LEDs, so I don't recommend using it.
Old 8th November 2017, 02:58 PM   #992
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
R.I.P.

could you add a link to post1 for the updated schematic?

see this example of a post1 index
2stageEF high performance class AB power amp / 200W8R / 400W4R
Old 10th November 2017, 01:55 AM   #993
duyminh1984a is offline duyminh1984a  Viet Nam
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzaichenko View Post
One thing right away - I recommend to use 2 x red LEDs in VAS cascodes - I see only one LED in each shoulder on your photos. This may be one of the reasons of higher distortion at higher volumes.
I use 2 red LEDs in VAS cascodes
I am running a 1 LED test.
I removed the two 220pf OP capacitors and it immediately deformed the sound
Old 11th March 2018, 08:39 AM   #994
viki_v2 is offline viki_v2  India
diyAudio Member

Nice Amp.
Always wanted to build a tube hybrid amp.
Any link to final version of this IPs and OPS board.
I have a few pairs of MJL 21193 / 94 and 2sc2922 / 1216 and 2sk1530. trying to put them to good use. I might also have ECC88 tube- will have to search for it though.
Old 11th March 2018, 11:03 AM   #995
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

I think the latest schematics are here. Ultra-high performance, yet rather simple - hybrid and more! The TubSuMo output board is designed to use lateral mosfet output devices, but the TubSuMo input pairs very well with the NS Output board. Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS. That output board can use 2SC2922 / 2SA1216 . You'll have problems finding a modern high power amplifer design that will work reliably with your MJL 21193 / 94 devices. They are too slow and will suffer from shoot through or cross conduction and self destruct with most EF3 designs.

Last edited by jwilhelm; 11th March 2018 at 11:07 AM.
Old 11th March 2018, 12:48 PM   #996
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilhelm View Post
I think the latest schematics are here. Ultra-high performance, yet rather simple - hybrid and more! The TubSuMo output board is designed to use lateral mosfet output devices, but the TubSuMo input pairs very well with the NS Output board. Revisiting some "old" ideas from 1970's - IPS, OPS. That output board can use 2SC2922 / 2SA1216 . You'll have problems finding a modern high power amplifer design that will work reliably with your MJL 21193 / 94 devices. They are too slow and will suffer from shoot through or cross conduction and self destruct with most EF3 designs.
Ok I can get more of 2sc2922 / 2sa1216 as needed.
Can you guide me to pcb layout for the same.
Also in one of the threads a image was posted for speaker protect.

Thanks
Vikram
Old 11th March 2018, 01:16 PM   #997
jwilhelm is offline jwilhelm  Canada
diyAudio Member

I don't think Valery ever posted Gerber files or layouts for any of these boards. We have boards available through our website (I have original version boards and updated SMT versions in stock) or you can PM Valery and see if he will send you some files.
Old 11th March 2018, 07:01 PM   #998
vzaichenko is offline vzaichenko  Russian Federation
diyAudio Member

Right - in general, there are 2 versions of the amplifier:
1) Through-hole version, utilizing 2 pairs of 2sk1058/j162 lateral FETs per channel;
2) SMD version, utilizing NS Modular OPS carrier board with 3 pairs of 2sc2922/a1216 per channel.

Option 2 is significantly more expensive because of the OPS cost.

ECC88 will not work properly here - the front-end is particularly designed for 12AU7/ECC82 tube.

Cheers,
Valery
Old 13th June 2018, 11:12 AM   #999
diyAudio Member

Is there any way of getting pcb diagram in any format, jpeg or pdf. i am really wanting to build this amp. Ips and smd version Ns ops board.

Ultra-high performance, yet rather simple - hybrid and more!Hide this!Advertise here!