free

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We have discussed this several times before. Don't abuse the
samples program just to try DIYing your stuff for free. The
companies may tire of non-campanies asking for samples and
stop supplying them at all. Try to restrict yourself to components
you have difficults buying through the usual channesl.

Yes don't be greedy, As all these products are for sale to the general public to do with what they please, I dont see any reason why the sample program should not aply to the general public so you can try before YOU BUY. I've read thru the terms and the conditions obout the sample programes from TI, National and On semi, they dont say that the samples are resticted to manufactures, only that the samples should not be sold, I suspect the countrys and or people that have been band may have been selling samples or just being greedy, lets not spoil a good thing.
:wave:

Im not gonna feel too guilty about it, as a tax dodging student I really dont have cash to indulge in buying the components I need for circuits.

I also see it as a continuation of my degree outside of the classroom so to speak, not just a hobby (although it is I admit)

If I was salaried however Im sure I would purchase all I needed. Sample services are too useful to abuse.

Of course theres always the possibility that due to Onsemis (and others) kindness to me now, they may get some industry sized orders later on in my (potential) career!

As stated before on this forum....samples are not to save money, but to get parts you cant get othervise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In particular the samples program of onsemi have been challenged by a large number of people that have been abusing the program by selling the aquired samples on ebay.

Since we are the the group that sometimes have a hard time getting specific components.....we should be the first to limit abuse of the samples programs.

Magura

iCebReakEr409 said:

Then you didn't read the National terms correctly ;) .

Sample Policy

National provides this on-line sample service to help qualified design engineers accelerate their new product designs. We reserve the right to limit the distribution of free samples for non-qualified enterprises. If you have problems or questions ordering samples on-line, please place order with our authorized distributors or contact our Customer Response Group through feedback.

Ordering Samples Requires a Personal Sign-On
How do I order product samples?

If you already have a Personalized Sign-On for National's web site then proceed to the Product Samples Order Form.

If you do not have a Personalized Sign-On for National's web site, please proceed to create your Sign-On. Upon completion, you will be linked directly to the Product Sample Order Form for this part.;) ;)

Im the most non-qualified enterprise I know :clown:

I think we have to view the possibility of ordering samples
over the internet directly from the manufacturers as an
experiment from their side. I don't really know how long that
service has been available, but I suppose it cannot have been
more than a few years, maybe 5 years or so. Considering the
explosion of internet users all over the world there may have
been a similar explosion in ordering of samples, especially from
non-companies. If this is the case, they will naturally have to
reconsider and possibly revise their policies. After all, it is so
much easier to just fill in a form on the internet and fill up
the "shopping basket" since it is free, than it is to call the
local distributor and talk to a real person and ask for samples,
as it used to be. But probably, the main problem is, as has
been pointed out, that it is so much easier to abuse this system
and order samples with the intention of selling them for profit.

We can order very limited amount of samples, I mean how much are we going to make out of selling those chips? I think its not worth my time doing those things anyway.
However, I think it is true that the most important thing about samples is that I can test many types of chips in my system before I spend my money on buying dozens of them. And, as a student, I can't afford spending my lunch money on those chips, not to mention the extras in case ive burned some. And certaintly I dont have any credit cards to order by mail,.... etc.... It is those who sold the chips in ebay who should be blamed

By the way, I read that you guys mentioned a lot about BLACK GATEs... I know this sounds stupid, but I want to know which part of the audio is this chip most beneficial for?
in what terms does it actually makes my sound nicer, and.... where is the best place to get one. I live in Malaysia, btw:)

*black gate caps, sorry

cost of chips in my place is slightly double of what you can get in states, or in UK, and mostly I have to mail- order. I cant even get the decent NE5334 from my local dealer, not to mention the exotics. I get two LM3886 for USD12, and with that money in Malaysia, it means my meal for a week. =)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.