Beomaster 1900-2 restoration - manual?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi TMblack
It's a very complicated exercise to completely remove the main circuit board of the BM1900, 2300, 2400, etc. It's actually not 100% necessary.

1. Unscrew all the large philips-head screws holding the green PCB down,
2. Desolder the 2 enamelled wires coming out of the transformer,
3. Desolder the 4 main output transistors
4. Unscrew the small philips-head screws holding the heat sinks to the green PCB

Then, it should release and you should be able to move it this way and that, in order to get access to all components.

A bit tricky, but certainly doable.

You do not need to throw away your volume/balance potentiometers. They are easily cleanable with deoxit lube, and work as good as new

Usually on these units, a complete recap is required, and also replacement of all trimmer potentiometers. For best results, read my article about choosing quality components when restoring vintage audio (and other articles) on my homepage.

http://www.condoraudio.com/wp-conte...oose-Replacement-Capacitors-and-Resistors.pdf

Regards
Menahem Yachad
Condor Audio |

beomaster 1900

I have a servicemanual for Beomaster 1900 type 2903/4. It's approx 3.2Mbyte, and if those interested have enough space in their e-mail, i can send it.

( unless there's something mechanical or trafo is burned, i would say it's possible to repair)

Best regards
Ebbe

Ebbe I have a beomaster 1900 and can you please send me the manual too mine has blown both output transistors because the one connection to the mains tranny was loose what horrible mechanical design where have they learnt to build hi fi? I was taught that the mains must be kept away from input but B&O play with fire my e-mail address is gerteningrid@iburst.co.za

Hi all,

I'm trying to fix a volume issue on my Beomaster 1900-2 T2903 P3. The service manual I have (Beomaster 1900 Type 2903/4) is very different from the actual machine, as are the schematics (which are different again from the service manual(???). Anybody knows where to find a proper manual for my machine?

Regs,

Adam.

TIP142/147

Ebbe I have a beomaster 1900 and can you please send me the manual too mine has blown both output transistors because the one connection to the mains tranny was loose what horrible mechanical design where have they learnt to build hi fi? I was taught that the mains must be kept away from input but B&O play with fire my e-mail address is gerteningrid@iburst.co.za
Hi Guys
My B*O hi fi need the output transistors and the only types available are those in the top66 package AND THOSE IN THE AMP ARE TOP3 The databooks show that the top66 package are only 15watt and the top3 packs can handle 135watts and the mountings make fitting difficult if not impossible.Ever worked on them? Do some of you know of equivalents as the manufacture apparently stopped 35 years ago, spec pnp / npn darlington Vceo 100 volts etc Imax 10 amps

beomaster 2000 tape recorder

Hi Guys
I have a Beocord 2000 tape recorder apparently the only reel to reel model made by B+O in 1968/9 all I could get were beautiful pics of the machine some write-up on performance as seen by hi-fi buff in a magazine. No data or anything technical I need operation and service docs for this recorder as the sound is nery good. It has fascilities that are Sandscrit to me (Greek are still used) no pun intended I bought it second hand and the feller had only a photostat telling what the controls are for no way to use them but ziltch more. I use it with 8 ohm speakers as I do not know what to use and the power rating etc. It seems to work okay with them.:eek::eek::hypno2::headbash:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.